Double-sided foam tape 5508 is a high-density, Polyethylene foam combined with a high, shear, solvent acrylic adhesive.
The cross-linked polyethylene foam gives this tape excellent weather resistance. This combination makes this double-sided foam tape ideal for interior use as well as exterior applications, whilst remaining stable under temperature fluctuations and UV light and will act as a moisture barrier.
Great use for signage, extrusions, badge mounting and general construction. Used on moderately uneven surfaces, plastics, metals, wood, painted plasterboard and more.
Available in 12mm, 19mm and 25mm standard x 50m (other variations available upon request).
5508: 5000 series indicates that it is a thick double-sided tape. The latter two digits (08) denotes 0.8mm foam thickness.
Benefits of double-sided foam tape 5508
- Double-sided foam tape 5508 is an ideal construction tape excellent for bonding metals, plastics to brick or concrete.
- This double-sided tape is used in the signage industry, such as external Foamex signs.
- This tape is available in white and black upon request.
- Temperature range: -20°C to +80°C
- Thickness: 0.8mm
How to apply double-sided foam tape 5508
Before applying this tape, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 15 – 25°C.
- Primers can increase the bond durability and surface tension for difficult to bond materials. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
View our full range of Structural and Thick Double Sided Acrylic Tapes below:
|Product||Colour||Thickness||Side / Adhesive||Temperature Range||Shear / Tensile||Key Feature|
|6110||Clear||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6110||White||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6110||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6118LSE||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +160°C||Very High||High Initial Tack|
|61122R||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – +180°C||Very High||Low Surface Energy|
|6189HT||Grey||1.2mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +200°C||Very High||High Temperature Resistance|
|6105||Clear||0.25mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – +130°C||Very High||High Performance|
|5175HD||White||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +90°C||High||Excellent Weather Performance|
|5110||White / Black||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||Medium||Ideal for Light Weight Products|
|5120||White / Black||2mm||Double / Acrylic||-20C – + 90°C||Medium||Ideal for Light Weight Products|
|512525||White / Black||1mm||Double / Foam||-20C – + 90°C||Light||Ideal for Light Weight Signage|
|5310||White / Black||1mm||Double / Hot Melt Rubber||-10°C – + 65°C||Medium||Ideal for Interior Applications|
|5320||White||2mm||Double / Hot Melt Rubber||-10°C – + 65°C||Medium||Ideal for Interior Applications|
|5508||White||0.8mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||High||Ideal for Signage Industry|
|5508||Black||0.8mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||High||Ideal for Signage Industry|