Automotive foam tape 6118LSE is a high performance, double-sided grey adhesive tape for demanding applications in the automotive industry, as well as other industries. This product has a high initial tack, perfect for when a permanent high strength is required. Examples of use include attaching trim parts or seals to a car body, automotive panel bonding and badge mounting.
Benefits of automotive foam tape 6118LSE
- At only 0.8mm thick, automotive foam tape 6118LSE allows for deviations in the substrates and surfaces being bonded.
- This high performance, double-sided adhesive tape is a viable alternative to mechanical fixings such as welding, clipping and screwing.
- This strong tape also has the ability to cope with differing thermal expansions.
- Temperature range is -40°C to +160°C
See also grey foamed acrylic tape 6110, white foamed acrylic 6110 signmakers tape and low surface energy tape 61122R. For extreme high temperature applications, we recommend pre powder coat tape 6189HT.
How to apply automotive foam tape 6118
Before applying automotive foam tape 6118 surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using a degreasing product such as our CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 15 – 25°C.
- Primers can increase the bond durability and surface tension for difficult to bond materials. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
View our full range of Structural and Thick Double Sided Acrylic Tapes below:
|Product||Colour||Thickness||Side / Adhesive||Temperature Range||Shear / Tensile||Key Feature|
|6110||Clear||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6110||White||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6110||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-30°C – +180°C||Very High||High Strength|
|6118LSE||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +160°C||Very High||High Initial Tack|
|61122R||Grey||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – +180°C||Very High||Low Surface Energy|
|6189HT||Grey||1.2mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +200°C||Very High||High Temperature Resistance|
|6105||Clear||0.25mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – +130°C||Very High||High Performance|
|5175HD||White||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-40°C – +90°C||High||Excellent Weather Performance|
|5110||White / Black||1.1mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||Medium||Ideal for Light Weight Products|
|5120||White / Black||2mm||Double / Acrylic||-20C – + 90°C||Medium||Ideal for Light Weight Products|
|512525||White / Black||1mm||Double / Foam||-20C – + 90°C||Light||Ideal for Light Weight Signage|
|5310||White / Black||1mm||Double / Hot Melt Rubber||-10°C – + 65°C||Medium||Ideal for Interior Applications|
|5320||White||2mm||Double / Hot Melt Rubber||-10°C – + 65°C||Medium||Ideal for Interior Applications|
|5508||White||0.8mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||High||Ideal for Signage Industry|
|5508||Black||0.8mm||Double / Acrylic||-20°C – + 90°C||High||Ideal for Signage Industry|
Purchasing special thicknesses
Our automotive foam tape 6118 is available to purchase online in single rolls at 0.8mm thickness. For thicknesses of 0.2mm, 0.5mm, 2mm and 3mm, as well as specific slit widths and die cuts, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.