Double-sided foam tape 5175HD is a high-density foam combined with a high, shear, solvent acrylic adhesive. This combination makes this double-sided foam tape ideal for interior use as well as some exterior applications. The cross-linked polyethylene foam gives this tape excellent weather resistance.
Benefits of double-sided foam tape 5175HD
- Double-sided foam tape 5175HD is ideal when bonding metals, plastics to brick or concrete.
- This double-sided tape is used in the signage industry, such as external Foamex signs.
- This tape is available in white and black.
How to apply double-sided foam tape 5175HD
Before applying this tape, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution
Purchasing double-sided foam tape 5175HD
Our double-sided foam tape 5175HD is available to purchase in single rolls at 1mm thickness. For other thicknesses, as well as specific slit widths and die cuts, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.