Our 8000 series re-closable fasteners are an industrial strength fastening solution, strong enough to replace screws, bolts and rivets. They are far superior to traditional hook & loop or ‘Velcro’ fastenings. Simply press together to fasten and pull apart to separate.
The fasteners contain hundreds of mushroom-shaped stems that easily join together to form a secure attachment with strong adhesive backings that adhere to multiple surfaces.
This tape is available with two types of backing:
- 8225 – Rubber backing, suitable for medium to high performance applications.
- 8125 – Acrylic backing, suitable for extremely high performance applications.
CTA 8000 series tapes have many advantages
With traditional Velcro style tapes you need to order one roll of ‘hook’ and one roll of ‘loop’ to make a set. Our innovative mushroom-head solution bonds to itself with a dual locking action, so there are less rolls to keep around and far less waste. Also:
- Each roll is a generous 25 metres long and can be easily cut
- Our tapes are ideal for speedy bonding of materials with the added bonus of quick and easy reopening
- Use when your product requires thousands of easy openings and secure closings
- You can eliminate the weight of mechanical fixings
- You can replace screws, bolts and rivets saving the cost of labour and parts.
How to apply our industrial strength re-closable fasteners
Before applying tape, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser which you can easily add at the shopping cart page.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates
- The ideal application temperature is between 15°C and 25°C
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
Do I need a primer?
Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We only recommend primers when you are bonding to difficult to bond plastics also known as low surface energy plastics. In this instance, we recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
Our 8125 and 8225 tape is available to purchase in widths of 25 millimetres and roll lengths of 25 metres. They can be ordered in black or clear and you can choose from our high performance rubber backing or ultra high performance acrylic adhesive backing. We also offer smaller lengths of 1 metre, suitable for smaller projects and hobbyists.
Popular usage includes:
- Industrial electrical panel componentry
- Drone battery and camera attachment
- Access panels on trains and buses
- Cover panels in elevators
- Mounting effects pedals to guitarist pedalboards
- Woodwork template attachment
- Signage attachment
- Exhibition displays
and many more!
If you have any other specific requirements or wish to discuss usage scenarios, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.