Our two part structural adhesive 2104 pink/green is an acrylic adhesive and part of our structural bonding range. This strong adhesive is capable of bonding aluminium, steel, engineered plastics and composites together.
2104: 2 (two part adhesive), 1 (acrylic), 04 (four minutes working time)
Benefits of two part structural adhesive 2104
- This product has high temperature resistance, tensile and shear performance.
- This acrylic adhesive is also capable of filling gaps up to 10mm whilst maintaining its structural strength and characteristics.
- Two part structural adhesive 2104 can bond aluminium (and other metal) joints together in architectural cladding applications. It is also suitable for composites or metal brackets to GRP / FRP composite structures.
How to apply two part structural adhesive 2104
Our two part structural adhesive 2104 has a four minute working life and an eight minute fixture time. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
For more information, read our two part adhesives FAQs and guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Purchasing two part structural adhesive 2104
Our two part structural adhesive 2104 is available in 50ml and 400ml, for use with manual or pneumatic applicator guns and nozzles. If a larger volume is required, we are able to supply 20 litre pails and 200 litre drums, which also require bulk dispensing units. Trial kits are also available for this product. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.