Clear MS (Modified Silastomer) Polymer High Grab Adhesive 15500 is a clear, all-round durable, flexible adhesive and sealant based on MS Polymer technology, providing excellent adhesion to non-porous surfaces. This product has been tested and approved in accordance with EC Regulation No 1935/ 2004 for materials intended to come into contact with food and conforms to ISO 11.600 F25 HM.
Clear MS Polymer High Grab Adhesive is suitable for sealing joints around sanitary fixtures, weatherproofing joints around windows and doors, glazing systems, joints and assemblies in coach body work. This product can also be used as a universal filler for cracks and uneven surfaces.
Benefits of Clear MS Polymer High Grab Adhesive 15500
- This polymer adhesive is paintable with most paints.
- The adhesive can be applied on damp surfaces.
- This product is odourless, neutral and free of isocyanates.
- MS Polymer High Grab Adhesive is ideal for gluing panels, skirting boards, windows, thresholds, mirrors and insulation materials. It will seal and bond glass, porcelain, coated metal, epoxy and polyester panels, polystyrene, UPVC, stainless steel, anodised aluminium and finished wood.
- This adhesive can be used safely in the food industry. For example, the grouting of wall and floor areas in companies in areas for preparing and processing food.
- The solid colours have excellent anti-pick qualities and therefore make this product suitable for use in correctional institutions and areas where vandalism of the sealant may occur.
How to apply Clear MS Polymer High Grab Adhesive 15500
Before dispensing polymer adhesive 15500, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Cut the cartridge seal to the required size and screw on the nozzle.
- Using a skeleton gun, apply the sealant into the gap or joint to provide a solid fill.
- If needed, place masking tape along edges, removing within 10mins of application.
- For gluing applications, apply adhesive in vertical lines at a distance of 30cm.
- Support the application for 24 hours until full curing.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Our MS polymer adhesive 15500 is available in 290ml in a clear colour, in boxes of 12. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.