Our two part structural adhesive 2105 is also suitable for composites or metal brackets to GRP / FRP composite structures. For bonding metal to composites, 2105 obtains a higher sheer strength than the composite layers, therefore achieving a structural bond between the metal and the composite panel.
CTA Ltd. is one of the few specialist UK adhesive companies who offer such a large range of metal bonding products.
Benefits of two part structural adhesive 2105
- This product is capable of bonding metals to metals (aluminium, steel etc.), engineered plastics and composites together.
- Two part structural adhesive 2105 has high temperature resistance, tensile and shear performance.
- This adhesive is also capable of filling gaps up to 10mm whilst maintaining it’s structural strength and characteristics.
For more options, see our CTA two part structural adhesive 2120 (12 minute working life with a 20 minute fixture time) and our CTA two part structural adhesive 2150 (50 minute working life with a 80 minute fixture time).
Two part structural adhesive 2105 technical information
A methyl methacrylate is the methyl ester of methacrylate acid. Its primary use is to manufacture a number of different plastics, but it is also the main ingredient in our range of adhesive products.
Methacrylate adhesives are supplied in a two part system that, when mixed, offer a controlled cure speed suited to the application. The cured adhesive can offer incredibly high tensile, shear and peel strength, whilst also resisting impact loads at both elevated and sub zero temperatures.
The unique chemistry of our two part structural adhesive 2105 is unrivalled in terms of convenience, ease of use and superior mechanical strength. Use for bonding engineered plastics, composites, steel, aluminium and other alloys.
How to apply two part structural adhesive 2105
Our two part structural adhesive 2105 has a five minute working life with a 12 minute fixture time.. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
For more information, read our two part adhesives FAQs and guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Purchasing two part structural adhesive 2105
Our two part structural adhesive 2105 is available in 50ml and 400ml, for use with manual or pneumatic applicator guns and nozzles. If a larger volume is required, we are able to supply 20 litre pails and 200 litre drums, which also require bulk dispensing units. Trial kits are also available for this product. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.