Pre powder coat seam sealer 15000 is a unique and technologically advanced adhesive, developed to aid the paint and powder coat industry. CTA 15000 fills gaps and seal seams in metal panels prior to being put through an oven bake cycle. This enables metal fabricators to spot weld stainless steel panels and then fill the gaps, thereby reducing welding time and speeding up production and process time overall. When cured in the oven, this product becomes very strong and paintable.
15000: 1 (one part adhesive) 5000 (supplier code)
15000 has been improved, please visit CTA Pre powder coat seam sealer 15002
Benefits of pre powder coat seam sealer 15000
- Pre powder coat seam sealer 15000 is often used by paint and powder coat companies when preparing aluminium panels, in industries such as automotive, construction and manufacturing.
- Car and bus panels can be bonded together with our adhesive quicker than traditional methods.
- Stainless steel stiffeners can confidently be bonded to panels prior to paint cycles within the cladding and commercial facade industries.
- When you need to fill a gap or seal a joint between two metal parts, then this high-viscosity (paste-like) adhesive is ideal.
For more information on our pre powder coat seam sealer 15000, view our heat curing adhesive page.
Seam sealer product information
Pre powder coat seam sealer 15000 adhesive is a one-part product and has been specifically formulated with a unique blend of adhesives similar to epoxy resins. Curing and the development of adhesion are not achieved until the material is heated above 130°C. This newly developed formulation cures more quickly at temperatures as low as 90°C. At these temperatures, the adhesives will generally cure in about an hour. Higher temperatures will result in a faster cure.
Limitations on cure speed are generally dependent on the temperatures that the unit and components are able to withstand. Heat curing can be done in a batch or conveyor oven. Heat cured adhesives will cure in either thin or thick section and can cure when confined.
How to apply pre powder coat seam sealer 15000
Pre powder coat seam sealer 15000 cures in 30 mins at 130°C. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Pre powder coat seam sealer 15000 is available in black, in quantities of 310ml. The viscosity of this product is a paste and the hardness is +80. If a larger volume is required, we are able to supply bulk units. Trial kits are also available for this product. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.