CTA Silicone High Temperature is a durable, heat resistant, one component silicone with a temperature resistance up to 300°C. After application, the silicone cures with atmospheric moisture to form a durable rubber seal.
See also our Silicone General Purpose.
Benefits of silicone high temperature
- Our high temperature silicone is designed for forming gasket joints where an extremely high temperature resistance is necessary.
- This heat resistant silicone is suitable for sealing and bonding oven doors and for use in industrial oven applications.
- This silicone is also suitable for use without a primer to seal assemblies of glass, glazed surfaces, porcelain coated metal, epoxy and polyester panels, polystyrene, anodised aluminium and finished wood.
How to apply silicone high temperature
Before dispensing this product, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Cut the cartridge seal to the required size and screw on the nozzle.
- Using a skeleton gun, apply the sealant into the gap or joint to provide a solid fill.
- If needed, place masking tape along edges, removing within 10mins of application.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Our heat resistant silicone is available in 310ml, in boxes of 12, in red. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.