Our 8000 series re-closable fasteners are a fastening solution strong enough to replace screws, bolts and rivets. The fasteners contain hundreds of mushroom-shaped stems that easily join together to form a secure attachment with strong adhesive backings that adhere to your substrate.
Benefits of re-closable fasteners 8000
- Adjust, realign or reattach with ease, leaving your product with clean, smooth lines free of holes or interruptions.
- Ideal for when your product requires thousands of easy openings and secure closings, eliminating the work and weight of mechanical fixings.
- Used in many different situations, from access panels on trains and buses to cover panels in lifts.
How to apply re-closable fasteners
Before applying re-closable fasteners, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution
Our re-closable fasteners are available to purchase online in widths of 25mm wide, in black or clear, with acrylic or rubber adhesive and can be cut to specific lengths. If you have any other specific requirements, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.