Our 8000 series re-closable fasteners are a fastening solution strong enough to replace screws, bolts and rivets. The fasteners contain hundreds of mushroom-shaped stems that easily join together to form a secure attachment with strong adhesive backings that adhere to your substrate.
Benefits of re-closable fasteners 8000
- Adjust, realign or reattach with ease, leaving your product with clean, smooth lines free of holes or interruptions.
- Ideal for when your product requires thousands of easy openings and secure closings, eliminating the work and weight of mechanical fixings.
- Used in many different situations, from access panels on trains and buses to cover panels in lifts.
How to apply re-closable fasteners
Before applying re-closable fasteners, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 15 – 25°C.
- Primers can increase the bond durability and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution