Our magnetic tape is a flexible tape that allows for the following of gentle contours and curves on a surface, and has a premium solvent acrylic adhesive backing. This tape attaches materials to metal surfaces and is used widely in manufacturing and industrial environments, as well as in the home an at the office. This product is ideal for exhibition displays, removable signs, magnetic seals, hanging window coverings, hanging artwork, removable access panels, labeling and more.
Benefits of magnetic tape
- Using this tape can make your surface magnetic.
- This high-quality, flexible, rubber magnetic tape is easy to use. Simply peel off the backing film and stick to the desired surface.
Magnetic tape technical specifications
Tape upon tape attraction is possible for maximum pull forces. Across the width of the tape, the polarity changes every 2mm in a north, south, north, south (polarity A, polarity B recurring) pattern. Therefore, you will have around seven poles in a 12.5mm wide tape. Adhesive magnetic tape is able to align upon magnetic tape with a slight offset by one pose width. A magnetic tape does try to resist being dragged across the width of another magnetic tape, but will more easily slide along the length of another tape due to the pole patterns in magnetic tapes.
What is Type “A” and “B”? The “A and “B” refers to the polarity, type “A” will stick to type “B” where as Type “A” on Type “A” or Type “B” on Type “B” would repel each other. Both Type “A” and Type “B” can be used to stick to a metal or magnetic receptive material.
How to apply magnetic tape
Before applying this tape, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution
Purchasing magnetic tape
This product is available to purchase online in single rolls of various sizes, with differing in grades of adhesive backing from standard to premium to suit your application. Our magnetic tape premium grade is 25mm x 1.5mm x 30m. If you are interested in a different size or variation, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.