Double-sided tape 4202 is a very high tack product suitable for applications where a permanent internal fixture is required. This tape is predominantly used on light to medium weight applications, such as plastics. Double-sided tape 4202 consists of a polyester carrier with a high coat-weight of rubber adhesive applied to either side. This tape can be used when a thin bond line is essential.
4202: 4 (thin, double-sided tape), 2 (rubber base), 02 (high tack rubber sequence)
Benefits of double-sided tape 4202
- Double-sided tape 4202 is ideal when permanent internal fixture and a thin bond line is required.
- This product is used in information boards constructed of Foamex or Dibond, mirrors bonded into apertures and seaming banners within the signage industry.
- Due to it’s high coat-weight of adhesive, double-sided tape 4202 is a very strong and versatile product, often described as a heavy-duty double-sided tape.
- Temperature range is -10C to +60°C
How to apply double-sided tape 4202
Before applying double-sided foam tape 4202, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution.
Purchasing special thicknesses
Our double-sided foam tape 4202 is available to purchase in single rolls of 12mm, 19mm and 25mm, at thicknesses of 0.25mm. For other thicknesses, as well as specific slit widths and die cuts, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.