Double-sided tape 4105 is a transparent tape with an acrylic adhesive system applied either side of a filmic polypropylene carrier. This tape is predominantly used on medium-weight applications and often used to bond plastics and light-weight metals. Double-sided tape 4105 is used when a high grab and thin bond line is essential.
Benefits of double-sided tape 4105
- Double-sided foam tape 4105 is ideal when permanent internal fixture is required, such as information boards made of Foamex or Dibond.
- This double-sided foam tape has an acrylic adhesive, which makes it perfect for use with heavier substrates or where a high temperature rating is required.
- This strong and versatile tape is used to bond perspex for signage and POS (Point of Sale) applications.
How to apply double-sided tape 4105
Before applying double-sided foam tape 4105, surfaces should be clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser.
- Use sufficient pressure over the whole surface at room temperature to ensure maximum adhesion to substrates.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Elevated temperature following application (60°C for 1 hour) improves adhesion wet-out.
- Primers can increase the bond performance and surface tension. We recommend CTA Primer or CTA UV Identifiable Primer to achieve the best results.
- Ensure uniform stress distribution
Purchasing double-sided foam tape 5120
Our double-sided foam tape 5120 is available to purchase in single rolls at 1mm and 2mm thicknesses. For other thicknesses, as well as specific slit widths and die cuts, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.