bearing lock 1238 HT Green is a high strength, high temperature retaining compound, designed to bond close fitting metal surfaces with an ultimate structural strength. 1238 specializes in bonding cylindrical fitting parts, and maintains an unfaltering bond under all levels of cyclic load stress distribution. This product has additional adhesion promoters allowing excellent performance on aluminium, plated metals, stainless steel and hybrid alloy parts.
Viscocity: 5,000-10,000 cps
Speed: 15 -20 Minutes at 22°C
Bearing lock 1238 HT applications
CTA 1238 HT Green is designed for high temperature resistance, and excels in many applications including:
- High strength retention of bearings into auto transmissions.
- Bonding location pins in radiator assemblies.
- Bonding rotors, bushes and sleeves into pump housings.
- Securing loose or worn parts.
Bearing lock 1238 HT instructions
- For best results clean all surfaces with a cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the metal is inactive (see Compatibility Chart) apply suitable CTA primer.
- Apply the adhesive to both the inside of the collar, and the leading edge of the pin, and assemble parts with a rotational motion, ensuring a high surface coverage.
- Allow parts to cure to handling strength of Bearing Lock 1238 HT is achieved.