Bearing lock 1238 HT is a high strength, high temperature retaining compound, designed to bond close fitting metal surfaces with an ultimate structural strength. CTA 1238 HT is designed for high temperature resistance, and excels in many applications including: high strength retention of bearings into auto transmissions; bonding location pins in radiator assemblies; bonding rotors, bushes and sleeves into pump housings; securing loose or worn parts.
1238: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 38 (grade of loctite)
Benefits of bearing lock 1238 HT
- Bearing lock 1238 HT specialises in bonding cylindrical fitting parts, and maintains an unfaltering bond under all levels of cyclic load stress distribution.
- This product has additional adhesion promoters allowing excellent performance on aluminium, plated metals, stainless steel and hybrid alloy parts.
- This product has a speed of 15-20 minutes at 22°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 5,000-10,000 cps.
How to apply bearing lock 1238 HT
Before dispensing, bearing lock 1231 ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 15 – 25°C.
- Apply the adhesive to both the inside of the collar, and the leading edge of the pin, and assemble parts with a rotational motion, ensuring a high surface coverage.
- Allow bearing lock 1238 HT to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Bearing lock 1238 HT is available in quantities of 50ml and 250ml. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.