Bearing lock 1231 is a green high strength low viscosity retaining compound, designed to bond close fitting metal surfaces with an ultimate structural strength. CTA 1231 green can be used in a wide variety of applications, especially interference or press fit parts including: high strength retention of bearings; locking of keys and splines; bonding rotors, bushes and sleeves to shafts; securing loose or worn parts.
1231: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 31 (grade of loctite)
Benefits of bearing lock 1231
- Bearing lock 1231 specializes in bonding cylindrical fitting parts, and maintains an unfaltering bond under all levels of cyclic load stress distribution.
- This product has a speed of 15-20 minutes at 20°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 125 cps.
How to apply bearing lock 1231
Before dispensing, bearing lock 1231 ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Apply the adhesive to both the inside of the collar, and the leading edge of the pin, and assemble parts with a rotational motion, ensuring a high surface coverage.
- Allow bearing lock 1231 to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Bearing lock 1231 is available in quantities of 50ml and 250ml. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.