Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue cures anaerobically to lock all types of metal threaded fasteners. 1226 is well suited to a number of applications including: replacing lock washers and plastic inserts; locking machine tool access bolts; locking and sealing gear box and drive shaft bolts; securing conveyor roller bolts; locking bearing cover cap screws.
1226: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 26 (blue – medium strength)
Benefits of medium strength thread locker 1226 blue
- Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue is designed for applications that require future disassembly with standard hand tools, and offers excellent temperature and solvent resistance once cured.
- 1226 is also thixotropic which aids assembly, by reducing the migration of the liquid adhesive following application.
- This grade can even cure rapidly on plated, oily metal, or inactive surfaces.
- This product has a speed of 5-10 minutes at 25°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 2000 – 3000.
How to apply medium strength thread locker 1226 blue
Once applied, medium strength thread locker 1226 blue only cures when confined between the two mating metal parts. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow medium strength thread locker 1226 blue to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Purchasing medium strength thread locker 1226 blue
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue is available in quantities of 10ml, 50ml and 250ml. Dispensing equipment available upon request. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.