Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue, that cures anaerobically to lock all types of metal threaded fasteners. 1226 is designed for applications that require future dis-assembly with standard hand tools, and offers excellent temperature and solvent resistance once cured. 1226 is also thixotropic which aids assembly, by reducing the migration of the liquid adhesive following application. This grade can even cure rapidly on plated, oily metal, or inactive surfaces.
Viscosity: 2000 – 3000
Speed: 5-10 mins @ 25°C
Dispensing equipment available upon request
Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue applications
CTA 1226 Blue is well suited to a number of applications including:
- Replacing lock washers and plastic inserts.
- Locking machine tool access bolts.
- Locking and sealing gear box and drive shaft bolts.
- Securing conveyor roller bolts.
- Locking bearing cover cap screws.
Medium strength thread locker 1226 blue preparation
- For best results clean all surfaces with a cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the metal is inactive apply suitable CTA primer.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow Medium Strength Thread Locker 1226 Blue to fully cure before applying load.
You may be interested in other products in this range are:
- Low Strength Thread Locker 1225 Purple
- Medium Strength Thread locker 1226 Blue
- High Strength Thread Locker 1227 Green
- High Strength Bolt Lock 1228 Red
- Thread Locker 1243 Blue