Low strength thread locker 1225 purple is a low strength anaerobic thread locker, designed to allow easy disassembly of metal threaded components. CTA 1225 purple is well suited to metal fastener applications where prevention of vibrational loosening is required. 1225 is ideal on set screws, threaded nuts, bolts, screws, hex and slot driven components, including keyed fasteners.
1225: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 25 (purple – low strength)
Benefits of low strength thread locker 1225 purple
- 1225 is thixotropic, which reduces the migration of the liquid adhesive following application.
- Despite the controlled low torque disassembly that the 1225 provides, the 1225 still maintains excellent vibration and shock resistance.
- This product has a speed of 20 minutes at 20°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 1200 – 5000.
How to apply low strength thread locker 1225 purple
Once applied, low strength thread locker 1225 purple only cures when confined between the two mating metal parts. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 15 – 25°C.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow low strength thread locker 1225 purple to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Low strength thread locker 1225 purple is available in quantities of 10ml, 50ml and 250ml. Dispensing equipment available upon request. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.