High strength thread locker 1227 green is designed for ultimate strength metal fastener applications, such as studs into motor housings. The 1227 can eliminate the need to double nut or weld critical heavy duty assemblies. Due to the viscosity of 1227, it is suited to both fine and medium threaded metal parts that will not require periodic disassembly.
1227: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 27 (green – high strength)
Benefits of high strength thread locker 1227 green
- High strength thread locker 1227 green is designed to permanently lock metal threaded components.
- 1227 locks fasteners up to 25mm in diameter, sealing against leakage and corrosion.
- 1227 is also thixotropic which aids assembly, by reducing the migration of the liquid adhesive following application.
- Once cured, the 1227 resists attack from most fuels, lubricants and even most industrial gasses.
- This product has a speed of 30 minutes at 25°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 500 cps.
How to apply high strength thread locker 1227 green
Once applied, high strength thread locker 1227 green only cures when confined between the two mating metal parts. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow high strength thread locker 1227 green to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
High strength thread locker 1227 green is available in quantities of 10ml, 50ml and 250ml. Dispensing equipment available upon request. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.