High strength bolt lock 1228 red is a high strength thread locker, that cures anaerobically to lock all types of metal threaded fasteners where controlled torque/tension is required. 1228 lubricates during assembly, securing the mating parts with high strength retention and chemical resistance, once fully cured.
Sizes: 10ml, 50ml, 250ml
Viscosity: 7000 cps
Speed: 60 mins @ 25C
Dispensing equipment available upon request
High strength bolt lock 1228 red applications
CTA 1228 Red is well suited to a number of applications including:
- Locking and sealing of large bolts and fasteners (>20mm diameter).
- Locking studs into motor housings.
High strength bolt lock 1228 red preparation
- For best results clean all surfaces with a cleaning solvent and allow to dry.
- If the metal is inactive apply suitable CTA primer.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow High Strength Bolt Lock 1228 Red to fully cure before applying load.
You may be interested in other products in this range are: