High strength bolt locker 1228 red cures anaerobically to lock all types of metal threaded fasteners where controlled torque/tension is required. 1226 is well suited to a number of applications including: locking and sealing of large bolts and fasteners (>20mm diameter); locking studs into motor housings.
1228: 1 (one part adhesive), 2 (rubber base), 28 (red – bolt strength)
Benefits of high strength bolt locker 1228 red
- 1228 lubricates during assembly, securing the mating parts with high strength retention and chemical resistance, once fully cured.
- This product has a speed of 60 minutes at 25°C.
- This adhesive has a viscosity of 7000 cps.
How to apply high strength bolt locker 1228 red
Once applied, high strength bolt locker 1228 red only cures when confined between the two mating metal parts. Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- The ideal application temperature is between 21 – 40°C.
- Shake the product thoroughly before application.
- Apply the adhesive to the fixing position of the fastener or onto the internal threads of a blind hole.
- Use suitable methods to assemble components, and tighten to required torque level.
- Allow high strength bolt locker 1228 red to fully cure before applying load.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
High strength bolt locker 1228 red is available in quantities of 10ml, 50ml and 250ml. Dispensing equipment available upon request. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.