Anchor fixing chemical adhesive is a rapid curing “one shot” two part anchoring cartridge system, based on an epoxy acrylate resin. This product combines the benefits of epoxy resin (toughness, heat and chemical resistance) with the handling and rapid curing of polyester resins.
Benefits of anchor fixing chemical adhesive
- Designed specifically for fixing threaded rods and rebar’s into most building substrates and has rapid curing properties with high resistance against harsh conditions such as acids and solvents.
How to use anchor fixing chemical adhesive
- Drill a hole to the correct diameter and depth (see chart below for guide), ideally using a rotary percussion machine. If the holes are produced by diamond drilling, the surfaces should be thoroughly roughened.
- Remove all dust and debris from the hole using a hand air pump and a stiff rotary brush.
- Repeat this three times (blow, brush, blow).
- All bars should be clean and free from oil or grease and all flaking rust should be removed. Threaded rod or studs should be chisel-ended to prevent them being unscrewed from the cured resin.
- Attach the mixing nozzle to the anchor fixing chemical adhesive cartridge (screw down hand tight).
- Place cartridge into the dispensing gun.
- Gradually pressurise the cartridge by activating the hand trigger until material passes through the mixing nozzle.
- Stop pressurising and allow the material to flow until an even colour is obtained (approximately 5-6 inches of extruded material should be adequate).
- Insert the nozzle into the base of the hole.
- Activate the trigger and withdraw the nozzle slowly as the hole fills.
- Fill the hole two thirds full. Insert the fixing slowly with a rotating action.
- Once all applications have been carried out, release the pressure by pressing the slide release arm on the back of the trigger stop and pulling back the slide rail.
Note: once the material has started to extrude through the nozzle, over-pressurising the system will not increase flow rate and can cause leakage from the rear of the anchor fixing chemical adhesive cartridge.
|ANCHOR SIZE(mm)||HOLE DIAMETER(mm)||HOLE DEPTH(mm)||TENSION (KN) (Recommended Load)|
Our anchor fixing chemical adhesive is available in a 410ml cartridge and has a shelf life of 12 months. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.