Mirror adhesive 12126 is a strong, durable construction adhesive based on SBR rubber for bonding mirrors. This product cures by evaporation of solvents to form a long lasting, moisture resistant, flexible bond. It is suitable for bonding decorative and acoustic tiles, and for use with polystyrene and PU foam.
Benefits of mirror adhesive 12126
- Manufactured according to DIN 1238, to virtually all common building substrates.
- Mirror adhesive 12126 will bond to wood, stone, concrete, plaster, gypsum, tiling, steel, aluminium and sound painted surfaces.
How to apply CTA mirror adhesive 12126
Before dispensing, ensure that surfaces are clean, dry and free of any dirt, dust and grease. For the best results, we recommend using CTA IPA Cleaner Degreaser. If the metal is inactive, apply CTA primer or UV identifiable primer.
- For mirrors up to 6mm, apply CTA mirror adhesive 12126 on both surfaces with a dented spreader.
- Allow the adhesive to dry for 10 to 15 minutes, then bring the surfaces together, position the mirror and press well.
- If necessary, support the mirror for at least 24 hours, depending on the application temperature and porosity of the surface. Do not apply the adhesive in strings or dots as this can cause staining.
For more information, read our guide to surface preparation for adhesives and best working practice.
Central Tapes & Adhesives have a comprehensive range of adhesives, automotive sealants and seam sealers readily available to the the automotive and construction industry, particularly for bonding stainless steel and aluminium.
Mirror adhesive 12126 is available in boxes of 12 x 300ml, including nozzles, in white. Dispensing equipment available upon request. For more information, please contact us. All prices are inclusive of VAT.